This City & Guilds 6035-02 Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies is a progressive route towards becoming a qualified Plumber.
- Awarding Body: City & Guilds
- Level: 2
- Mode: Part Time
About the qualification
Undertaking this standalone qualification will allow you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the Plumbing sector.
Who is it for
For candidates who want to work as plumbers in the building services engineering sector.
This qualification does not make candidates fully qualified plumbers
What will you achieve.
By the end of the course you should be able to…
- By the end of the course you will have developed the core skills and understanding to allow you to work within the construction industry as a plumber mate. This qualification will allow you to progress to a level 3 qualification to help to achieve a full certificate.
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification. However, candidates must have the potential and opportunity to gain the qualification successfully and have a good understanding of basic electrotechnical principles and the desire to develop your skills.
It allows you to progress into employment (see further information), and upon successful completion, you can also progress to the following qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
- Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing Studies
It allows candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the plumbing sector.
How you will be assessed
Assessment entails a combination of online multiple-choice examinations and building a portfolio of evidence to show your competency skills in-house.
To achieve the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing, learners must achieve 49 credits from the mandatory units:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Electrical principles and processes for building services engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water system
- Central heating systems
- Drainage system
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
This is a qualification that tests practical and knowledge-based skills in a realistic working environment. Successful completion of this course will mean you are at Improver/Plumbing Mate level. It will NOT make you a fully qualified Plumber.
Become part of the construction industry through the acknowledged trade of plumbers; our goal is to build your skills to a high standard.
Investing in a Plumbing pathway is rewarding and fulfilling; we see the benefits of it as we support you in your studies. Contact us on: + 44 (0) 203 488 1852 to discuss your possibilities and choices with Training Skills UK.