Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Facilities Management is a qualification for individuals who work or want to work in facilities management.
- Awarding Body: i-Can Qualifications Ltd (iCQ) Ofqual accredited
- Level: 3
- Mode: –
About the qualification
The apprenticeship framework for this qualification aims to produce well-rounded and effective employees with up to date knowledge, and technical competence. This apprenticeship qualification includes:
- iCQ Level 3 Facilities Management Practice – the main qualification that assesses competence in a work situation
- iCQ Level 3 Facilities Management Principles – a knowledge based qualification that demonstrates an appropriate level of understanding about the area of work as well as:
- Key/Functional Skills – which ensure that appropriate standards are met in English and Maths
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) – awareness of the rights and responsibilities that are essential in the workplace
- Development of Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) – that are essential in all workplaces such as effective participators, self-managers, independent enquiries, creative thinkers, reflective learners and team workers
It covers the knowledge and understanding of diverse elements of facilities management, some of which include:
- Monitoring facilities
- Developing risk assessments
- Energy management
- Managing space, projects
- Managing staff etc.
- Health and safety
Who is it for
Level 3 Facilities Management is aimed at people who work or want to work in a managerial role in the Facilities Management sector. This course is suitable for first line managers, trainee/assistant facilities managers and facilities management team leaders.
What will you achieve.
By the end of the course you should be able to…
- Establishing the nature of facilities required by clients and monitoring their delivery
- Promote, monitor and review health and safety in own area of responsibility
- Ensure that security measures are effective
- Manage operational performance and monitor outcomes of facilities and services provided in-house or by external contractors
- Develop an understanding of corporate responsibility and the importance of sustainability and environmental issues and how facilities management impacts on the environment
- Provide leadership and direction for area of responsibility
- Have the ability to implement and evaluate a plan for change in your area of responsibility
There are no minimum requirements. Formal qualifications are not necessary but employers are keen to hear from applicants who have experience in related sectors such as catering, cleaning, customer service, construction, engineering and hospitality.
Learners who achieve this qualification can progress to various qualifications including:
- Level 4 Certificate in Facilities Management
- Level 5 Certificate in Facilities Management
How you will be taught
You will be taught by following the Water Regulations Byelways, to familiarise yourself with the book in preparation for the open book examination.
How you will be assessed
The competence units within this qualification are assessed by portfolio. Evidence for this qualification must come from the learners’ consistent performance in the workplace and must meet the set requirements. The knowledge and understanding units within this qualification are assessed using a variety of methods including:
- Question and answer test (written)
- Multiple choice questions
- Question and answer (verbal)
The minimum number of credits required for this framework is 62
- i-CQ Level 3 Certificate in Facilities Management Practice (Competency qualification/NVQ) learners need a minimum of 31 credits in total from the following:
Mandatory Group A (minimum of 15 credits)
- Provide and monitor facilities for clients
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Develop and implement a risk assessment plan in own area of responsibility
Optional Group B (minimum of five credits)
Optional Group C (minimum of eight credits)
Optional Group D (minimum of three credits)
- i-CQ Level 3 Certificate in Facilities Management Principles (Knowledge qualification) learners need a minimum of 21 credits in total from the following:
Mandatory Group A (minimum 10 credits)
- Understanding health and safety in the workplace
- Understanding facilities management within the context of an organisation
- Managing and developing relationships in the workplace
- Delivering services in the workplace
Optional Group B (minimum of 11 credits)
- Functional Skills (English and Maths) – learners must achieve 10 credits
Investing in a Apprenticeships pathway is rewarding and fulfilling; we see the benefits of it as we support you in your studies. Contact us on: + 44 (0) 203 488 1852 to discuss your possibilities and choices with Training Skills UK.