This City & Guilds 2365 Level 2 Course (Diploma in Electrical Installation) is the start of your training to become a qualified electrician.
- Awarding Body: City & Guilds
- Level: 2
- Mode: Part Time
About the qualification
This qualification covers a very wide range of skills and knowledge required for preparing to work in the Electrical industry. It will cover areas of:
- Health and safety
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations
- Installation or wiring systems
- Communication within building services engineering
Who is it for
This qualification is intended for those who want to gain the knowledge and abilities to progress onto an Electrotechnical Programme. It is for those who want to work as electricians in the building services engineering sector.
What will you achieve.
By the end of the course you should be able to…
- Demonstrate best practice in a building services engineering environment or sector
- Know the basic principles of electrical science
- Know the underpinning principles and industry standards and requirements of electrical installation technology
- Install wiring systems to recognised standards using tools and materials effectively in completing well defined tasks for electrical installations
- Effectively establish and develop work relationships in the building services industry associated with work in dwellings, industrial and commercial premises and for contract type clients
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification. However, candidates must have the potential and opportunity to gain the qualification successfully.
It allows you to progress into employment (see further information), and on successful completion this qualification will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to further progress your learning within the electrical industry such as:
- Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Building and Structures)
- Level 3 Diploma in Electrotechnology
- Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
To allow candidates to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the electrotechnology sector.
How you will be assessed
Assessment entails a combination of online multiple-choice examinations and building a portfolio of evidence to show your competency skills in-house.
To achieve the Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Building and Structures), learners must achieve 49 credits from the mandatory units:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations technology
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
This is a qualification that tests practical and knowledge based skills in a realistic working environment. Successful completion of this course will mean you are at Improver/Electrician’s Mate level. It will NOT make you a fully qualified Electrician.
Become part of the construction industry through the acknowledged trade of electricians; our goal is to build your skills to a high standard.
Investing in a Electrical pathway is rewarding and fulfilling; we see the benefits of it as we support you in your studies. Contact us on: + 44 (0) 203 488 1852 to discuss your possibilities and choices with Training Skills UK.