This City & Guilds 2365 Level 3 is a progressive route towards becoming a qualified electrician.
- Awarding Body: City & Guilds
- Level: 3
- Mode: Part Time
About the qualification
Undertaking this standalone qualification will allow you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the electrotechnology sector.
Who is it for
This qualification is intended for those who want to work as electricians in the building services engineering sector. The Level 3 certificate will suit you if you have a good understanding of basic electrotechnical principles and want to develop your skills.
What will you achieve.
By the end of the course you should be able to…
- Have the essential health and safety knowledge and skills to demonstrate best practice in a business services engineering environment or sector.
- Have the fundamental working principles along with regulatory requirements relating to renewable energy.
- Understand the principles of electrical science related to AC theory, machines, devices and systems.
- Understand how to carry out fault diagnosis and rectification of complex electrical systems safely and in accordance with regulatory requirements, with an emphasis on period inspection scenarios.
- Understand how to carry out inspection and testing complex electrical systems safely and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Have the understanding of electrical system design using design techniques and determine system requirements.
- Have the concept of planning for own career development and setting goals to help realise plans.
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification. However, candidates must have the potential and opportunity to gain the qualification successfully and have a good understanding of basic electrotechnical principles and the desire to develop your skills.
It allows you to progress into employment (see further information), and upon successful completion, you can also progress to the following qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services
- Level 3 Diploma in Electrotechnical Technology
- Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 4 Award in Design and Verification of Electrical Installation
To allow candidates to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the electrotechnology sector.
How you will be assessed
Assessment entails a combination of online multiple-choice examinations and building a portfolio of evidence to show your competency skills in-house.
To achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Building and Structures), learners must achieve 52 credits from the mandatory units:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
- Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning
- Electrical systems design
- Career awareness in building services engineering
This is a qualification that tests practical and knowledge based skills in a realistic working environment. Successful completion of this course will mean you are at Improver/Electrician’s Mate level. It will NOT make you a fully qualified Electrician.
Become part of the construction industry through the acknowledged trade of electricians; our goal is to build your skills to a high standard.
Investing in a Electrical pathway is rewarding and fulfilling; we see the benefits of it as we support you in your studies. Contact us on: + 44 (0) 203 488 1852 to discuss your possibilities and choices with Training Skills UK.