NCFE Functional Skills Qualifications Maths
- Awarding Body: NCFE
- Level: From Entry level to Level 2
- Mode: Part Time
About the qualification
The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with Mathematics skills to help them gain the most from life, learning and work.
Who is it for
The qualification is ideal for learners wishing to develop practical, transferable skills in Mathematics in order to work confidently, effectively and independently in life. It is suitable for a wide range of individuals and is fundamental to the successful completion of various wider qualifications and frameworks, such as Foundation Learning and Apprenticeships.
What will you achieve.
By the end of the course you should be able to…
- Gain skills in speaking, listening and communication, reading and writing
- Apply their knowledge and understanding to everyday life
- Engage competently and confidently with others
- Solve problems in both familiar and unfamiliar situations
- Develop personally and professionally as positive citizens who can actively contribute to society.
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who want to develop practical and transferable skills in Maths.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for the qualification.
It allows you to progress into employment (see further information), and upon successful completion, you can also progress to the following qualifications:
- NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics (from entry Level to Level 2)
- NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in English (from entry Level to Level 2)
How you will be assessed
Each learner is required to undertake an externally set and assessed task-based question paper.
To achieve the NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics Level learners must achieve 1 mandatory components units:
- Mathematics (Level)
If learners do not achieve their component assessment, they are able to re-sit the individual component.
Investing in a Maths pathway is rewarding and fulfilling; we see the benefits of it as we support you in your studies. Contact us on: + 44 (0) 203 488 1852 to discuss your possibilities and choices with Training Skills UK.