This City & Guilds 2382-18 Level 3 Award in Requirement for Electrical Installations BS is a progressive route towards becoming a qualified electrician.
- Awarding Body: City & Guilds
- Level: 3
- Mode: Part Time
About the qualification
Undertaking this standalone qualification will allow you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the electrotechnology sector.
Who is it for
This qualification is primarily aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals e.g. surveyors, consultants and other trades, needing to update and enhance their understanding of IET Wiring Regulations. It is also suitable for anyone wishing to demonstrate an understanding of the IET 18th edition Wiring Regulations (BS 7671)
What will you achieve.
By the end of the course you should be able to…
The IET Wiring Regulations (BS 7671) are the definitive standards for the electrical industry in respect of safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. They set requirements and operating criteria for the UK and correspond to EC standards and are recognised by the British Standards Institute as a British Standard (BS 7671). It is intended to ensure that individuals are conversant with the format, content and application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018.
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification. However, candidates must have the potential and opportunity to gain the qualification successfully and have a good understanding of basic electrotechnical principles and the desire to develop your skills.
It allows you to progress into employment (see further information), and upon successful completion, you can also progress to the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fundamentals Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification
- Level 3 Certificate in Building Regulation for Electrical Installation Contractors in Dwellings
- Level 3 Award in initial Verification
- Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection
- Level 3 Award in inspection and Testing
- Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering
To allow candidates to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the electrotechnology sector.
How you will be assessed
Assessment entails a combination of online multiple-choice examinations and building a portfolio of evidence to show your competency skills in-house.
To achieve the Level 3 Award in requirements for Electrical Installations, learners must achieve 60% pass mark from the mandatory units:
- Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS 7671
- Understand the definitions used within BS 7671
- Understanding how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations
- Understanding requirements of protection for safety for electrical installations
- Understanding the requirements for selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations
- Understanding the requirements of inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Understanding the requirements of special installations or locations as identified in BS 7671.
- Understanding the information contained within the appendices
This is a qualification that tests practical and knowledge-based skills in a realistic working environment.
Investing in a Construction pathway is rewarding and fulfilling; we see the benefits of it as we support you in your studies. Contact us on: + 44 (0) 203 746 1048 to discuss your possibilities and choices with Training Skills UK.