This City & Guilds 6072 -51 Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
- Awarding Body: City & Guilds
- Level: 1
- Mode: Part Time
About the qualification
Undertaking this standalone qualification will allow you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression at a construction site.
Who is it for
This qualification is for learners wishing to qualify for CSCS UK Ltd Green Card to access construction sites in the UK as a non-skilled worker.
What will you achieve.
By the end of the course you should be able to…
- Have the essential health and safety knowledge and skills to demonstrate best practice in a business services engineering environment or sector.
- Have the fundamental understanding of manual handling within the workplace
- Understand the principles employees’ responsibilities of current legislations and official guidance while working on heights
- Understand the list of hazards and potential risks.
- Understand the uses of substances and importance of hygiene
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification. However, candidates must have the potential and opportunity to gain the qualification successfully and have a good understanding of basic electrotechnical principles and the desire to develop your skills.
It allows you to progress into employment (see further information), and upon successful completion, you can also progress to the following qualifications:
- CITB Health, Safety and Environment operative test
- Access to construction sites in the UK as non-skilled worker
- Further education in a variety of construction trades
To allow candidates to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the electrotechnology sector.
How you will be assessed
Assessment entails a combination of online multiple-choice examinations and building a portfolio of evidence to show your competency skills in-house.
To achieve the Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment, learners must achieve 80% Pass Mark from the mandatory units:
- Know the principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work.
- Know the importance of safe manual handling in workplace
- Know the importance of working safety at height in the workplace
- Know risks to health within a construction environment.
Investing in a Construction pathway is rewarding and fulfilling; we see the benefits of it as we support you in your studies. Contact us on: + 44 (0) 203 746 1048 to discuss your possibilities and choices with Training Skills UK.